Makeup application can be quite overwhelming sometimes. There's just so much to apply - primer, concealer, liquid foundation, contour and highlighting powder, eyebrow pencil/powder, lipstick, lip liner, blush on, eye shadow and the list goes on. You may have a lot of makeup products in your stash but only a handful makes it to your daily must-have list.
As for me, I only have seven. Yes, seven! Quite a few compared to the first time I got hooked in makeup when I wanted to pile up everything on my face. :p As time went by, I learned to simplify my makeup routine. Less is more! Below are my current makeup must-haves which is dominated by Pixy.
2) Eyebrows | IN2IT Eyebrow Powder - The best eyebrow product for me because it has three shades. You can go from light to dark. The product also doubles as a contour powder.
3) Eyebrows | Etude House Easy Brow Pencil in #2 - I'm already on my third pencil which is enough evidence that I really love this product. It's got the perfect light brown shade for me.
4) Eyeliner | Milani Eye Tech Extreme - Long lasting, pigmented, fine felt tip. It's the closest eyeliner I've got to the famous K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner for a fraction of the price. Availability is the only downside of this product. It's only available online. See my review & comparison here
5) Eyeliner | Pixy Eye Liner - I use this to line my lower lash line. It is pigmented and easy to apply but it fades and smudges after a few hours.
6) Blush-on | Pixy Blush-on in Carnation Bloom 06 - Peach/coral shade with micro shimmers. No need for highlighters!
7) Lipstick | Pixy Lasting Matte Lipstick in Pink Smoothie - Peachy pink shade with matte finish. It goes on creamy when applied but dries matte.
Swatches from left to right: Pixy foundation, Pixy blush-on, Etude House brow pencil, In2it brow powder (lightest shade), Milani eyeliner, Pixy eyeliner and Pixy lipstick
Aaand here's how I look like using my daily makeup must-haves. I'm loving peach/coral shade lately because of the soft, girly look it creates. I'd probably stick to my must-haves for a while because they're great finds! Affordable products that deliver great quality. I hope Pixy becomes available on local stores soon. Pixy, an Indonesian makeup brand using Japanese technology & ingredients was first introduced by BDJ Box in the Philippines. Read more about it here.
So, there goes my daily must haves!
What are yours? Let me know by commenting down below. I would love to hear from you!
"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure." - Philippians 2:13
Goodnight and God bless!